Are you a fan of mint? How about this ice cream cake? Yum! It had my mouth watering the moment I saw this decadent piece of heaven. I would love to take credit for this wonderful dessert, but if you knew me, you’d know better.
Since we’re in the mood for mint, here are some medical facts on these unassuming but beneficial leaves.
According to helpwithcooking.com:
Health Benefits of Mint
- Relieve symptoms of indigestion, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome by relaxing the muscles in and around the intestine.
- Act as a powerful antioxidant, protecting the body against the formation of cancerous cells.
- Inhibit the growth of many different types of bacteria and fungus.
- Ease and unblock the breathing and respiratory passages and airways.
- Relieves the symptoms of colds and flu.
- Mint can help with nasal allergies.
- It can relieve congestion, head colds and headaches.
- Act as a mild sedative and has calming properties.
- Relieve minor aches and pains such as muscle cramps and sprains.
- Combat bad breath.
- Provides a cooling sensation to the skin and can help to treat minor burns, itching and skin irritations.
- Mint is a very good cleanser for the blood.
- Mint tea can help clear up skin disorders such as acne.
Here’s to our health!
Jeans: AG Blouse: Ann Taylor Shoes: Marc Jacobs Bag: Chanel